ETI is the international arm of the Western Australian Government that enrolls international students into Government TAFE and Government Primary & Secondary Schools in Western Australia.
Education & Training International
For over 20 years, Education and Training International (ETI) has assisted international students obtain valuable qualifications, skills and experience so they can continue on into employment or further study at university. ETI is the largest provider of education in the state of Western Australia with over 350,000 students.
ETI’s primary mission is to successfully recruit and enroll international students into Western Australia's public institutions: Primary & Secondary Schools, and the ten TAFE vocational colleges.
Government Primary & Secondary Schools
Western Australian Government Schools provide high quality education to students in kindergarten, primary schools, secondary schools and senior colleges across the state. The intellectual, moral, social and physical development of students is encouraged in inclusive, safe and stimulated learning environments.
Primary Years 1 – 7
- The students are taught by a specific class teacher for most of the day.
- Schools have specialist teachers for subjects like music, art, drama and foreign languages.
- Students are provided with English support programs at their school.
- There is a strong emphasis on achievement of high standards of literacy and numeracy.
Lower Secondary Years 8 – 10
Schools offer a range of subjects to ensure that students choose a balanced course of study across all the following learning areas:
- Society and Environment
- Languages other than English
- The Arts
- Health & Physical Education
- Technology & Enterprise
Senior Secondary Years 11 – 12
- The senior years of secondary education (Years 11–12) provides students with a wide range of programs to ensure they are well placed to qualify for secondary graduation and to gain University or TAFE entrance or employment.
- Schools offer a range of courses as part of the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE).
- There are 26 approved secondary schools/colleges to choose from. Apart from location and size, they all offer specialist programs such as aviation, multimedia, science and technology, art, music, theatre, tennis, basketball, or football etc.
TAFE Western Australia is a network of Government owned and operated Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers. TAFE offers employment focused courses as well as university pathways.
TAFE courses teach students practical skills and prepare students for employment in the real world. Graduates of TAFE courses have the skills to get jobs quickly or continue their studies at University where they can receive advanced standing.
Students can choose to study at TAFE institutes located in metropolitan and regional areas of Western Australia.
- Central Institute of Technology
- Challenger Institute of Technology
- Polytechnic West
- West Coast Institute of Training
- Great Southern TAFE
- Durack Institute of Technology
- South West Regional College of TAFE
- Kimberley TAFE
- Pilbara TAFE
- C.Y. O’Connor Institute
TAFE offers a range of qualifications including:
- Associate Degrees
- Advanced Diplomas
- Business & Management
- Tourism & Travel
- Commerce & Accounting
- Hospitality & Hotel Management
- Community & Health Services
- Engineering, Building & Design
- Computing & Information Technology
- Art & Design
- Maritime Studies
- Animal Studies
Tuition Fees: $10,500 - $14,500 per year
A complete list of courses can be found at www.eti.wa.edu.au
ETI offers a range of English Language courses including:
- General, academic and tailored pathway courses for study at TAFE, University and the workplace.
- General English programs for developing the language skills for living and working in an English speaking country.
- A range of IELTS Preparation Programs and International Business English.
- Academic English programs to build language skills for future study in a vocational or higher education context, these programs incorporate classes in English for specific purpose (ESPs).
- Fulltime student advisors
- A fully qualified psychologist to counsel students
- Help with course and progress information, career advice, visa information, accommodation advice
- Modern, well-equipped teaching and learning spaces
- Fully-equipped computer labs with internet access
- Café and banking facilities
- Prayer room
|Office Address:||Ground Floor, 123 Adelaide Tce, East Perth, Western Australia 6004, PO BOX 6830, EAST PERT BC 6892|
|Phone Number:||+61 8 9218 2100|
|Fax Number:||+61 8 9218 2160|